The Toyota Tacoma is a great truck, no matter what engine, transmission, or cab style you choose. But let’s face it: there is always going to be that one truck that is just out right the best. This week, that truck just so happens to be the fully loaded 2014 Tacoma Access Cab, equipped with the TRD Sport Extra Value Package, V6 Tow Package, and so much more.
To start, this all-new Tacoma comes in a sleek magnetic gray metallic exterior with 17-inch alloy wheels and stainless steel running boards. The Access Cab offers rear-hinged access doors, a graphite fabric interior, and seating for four, thanks to two rear jump seats that can be folded for added storage.
Next, lift up the hood to find a beautiful 4.0-Liter V6 engine, boasting 236-horsepower, 266 lb-ft. of torque, and part-time four-wheel drive. A 6-speed manual transmission completes the powertrain. Both work to deliver a respectable 16 mpg city, 19 mpg highway, and 17 mpg combined.
TRD Sport Extra Value Package
So there are the basics of this 2014 Toyota Tacoma. Now, let’s move on to the juicy stuff. To start, this fully loaded Tacoma comes with a package that is pretty fully loaded in and of itself: the TRD Sport Extra Value Package. This top-notch package will deliver:
- Sport Suspension with Bilstein Shocks
- Hood Scoop
- Color-Keyed Grille Surround, Bumpers, Exterior Mirrors, Door Handles
- Power Outside Mirrors with Turn Signal Indicators
- Sliding Rear Window with Privacy Glass
- 115V/400W Deck Mounted AC Power
- Fog Lamps
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Cruise Control
- Overhead Console with Map lamps & Sunglasses Storage
- Sport Water-Resistant Seats with Driver Lumbar Support
- Metallic-Tone Instrument Panel Trim
- Leather-Trimmed Steering Wheel with Audio Controls & Shifter
- Dual Sun Visors with Mirrors & Extenders
- Tailgate-Handle Integrated Backup Camera
- TRD Sport Graphics
As you can see, the 2014 Tacoma gains a ton of bells and whistles as well as some sport-inspired design elements. This truck is starting to look fully loaded, but we’ve still got a ways to go.
V6 Tow Package
Adding to the TRD Sport Extra Value Package is the V6 Tow Package. This option pack will make the Tacoma the towing champ of your dreams, thanks to:
- Class-IV Towing Receiver Hitch
- Engine Oil Cooler
- 130A Alternator
- Heavy Duty Battery
- 7-Pin Connector w/Converter
- Trailer Sway Control
Entune Audio Plus package
You’ll be able to tow and haul like a pro with this truck. But life isn’t all work and no play; alas, everyone needs some pep in their ride. That certainly isn’t an issue for the 2014 Tacoma, which offers the Entune Audio Plus package, delivering:
- Entune Multimedia Bundle with 6.1” High Resolution Touch-Screen Display
- MP3/WMA Playback Capability
- Auxiliary Audio Jack
- USB 2.0 port with iPod Connectivity and Control
- Advanced Voice Recognition
- Hands-Free Phone Capability
- Phone Book Access and Music Streaming via Bluetooth Wireless Technology
- SiriusXM Radio with 90-day Complimentary Trial
- HD Radio
- HD Traffic and Weather
So there you have it: the fully loaded 2014 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab. As you see from the long lists of added features, this is a truck unlike any other. And frankly, we like it that way.
For more information on this 2014 Toyota Tacoma, visit the Dick Dyer Toyota online showroom. For test drives, visit the dealership at 240 Killian Commons Parkway in Columbia.