Summer is fast approaching and you know what that means: road trips! It’s the time of year for packing up the car and heading to your favorite vacation destination. Although summer vacations mean several care-free days for you and your family, it could mean the opposite for your car.
Between the hot weather, long drives, heavy loads, and high speeds, road trips could mean disaster for your tires. What would be worse on your summer vacation than getting a flat tire on a busy and unknown highway?
Make sure that you are prepared before you hit the road. Follow these easy tips to ensure the health of your tires before, during, and after your summer vacation:
- Visibly check the tires: make sure there are no signs of damage
- Make sure tires are properly inflated: check the owner’s manual for recommended inflation pressure
- Check that the car is not overloaded
- Check the tire tread: low tread or bald tires should be replaced
- Follow the speed limit: driving too fast in hot weather could be dangerous for your tires
Take a quick 15 minutes to complete these steps. Then all that’s left to do is pack the luggage, strap in the kids, and hit the road!